This is the research page for a book I’ve started, with it’s roots in Galloway family genealogy. Watch for links to story segments and to information on Scottish emigration & settlement of colonial America, ca. 1650-1850.
Story Segments, on Medium
- Language branches – Scots and Scotch-Irish
- Scottish Lowlands – the land & the people
- Scottish Lowlands – a swath of history, from the Mull of Galloway to the borders of North Umbria.
- Scottish Emigration – West Coast ports – Greenock, Glasgow, Ayr?
- Scotch-Irish Emigration – the Ulster Scots (protestant Northern Island)
- Colony of New York
- Orange County (then Monroe County) & Woodbury Clove, NY
- Revolution, along the Hudson
- Migration North (to Rochester/Palmyra)
- Migration West (to Michigan) on the Erie Canal
- Frontier Life (in SE Michigan)
- Galloway on Wikipedia
- Galloway Genealogy, courtesy Paul R. Galloway
This project will be collaborative, as we trace history and events over +200 years. Interest in connecting? Shoot me an email.
Chris Jones aka @sourcepov Charlotte NC