For me, barely a day goes by without the urge to create. It could be a short narrative, an image, a quick sketch. The medium matters less than the idea – it’s almost always an imperfect work, anyway – but there’s still that chance for progress, a breakthrough, something of value.
A working definition –
Creativity is a deep desire to make something – sparking from new insights and ideas – to explore what’s possible when we’re willing to trust our intuition and take a risk.
Over on medium.com I’ve been exploring the creative process. Here’s a curated synopsis of my top written reflections on creativity, each a 3-4-minute read (or far less) –
- inception – when (and where) inspiration sparks
- minimal: the new black – when we reduce to essentials
- the creative riff – ideas from ideas
- two roads diverged – structure or flow?
- making space for inspiration – from the East, 4 kinds of space
- redemption or a writer – on my 7 sins
- morsels and time in silhouette – when it’s bite-sized
and my visual explorations focused on visual metaphor, often in nature –
- on instagram – a portfolio
- on my photography blog – including tips on bokeh and nature photography, with samples
- on pinterest – for inspiration
What resonates for you? Do you see creativity differently? Please stop back in. I’ll add more links, as the journey continues –
Best, and be safe,
Chris aka @sourcepov | Charlotte NC